Spring is here and the roads are getting slippery again in Southern California. Make sure you're safe on the road, here are some things you can do before and during your commute through the rain.
1. Make sure your car is visible on the road by checking all of your headlights, tail lights and turning signals are fully functioning.
2. Hydroplaning can be really scary, make sure you get our alignment checked. Learn about the importance of proper wheel alignment here.
3. Make sure your defrost/defog functions work before the moisture builds up on your windows while you're on the road.
4. Check your tire for minimal tread or dry cracking of the rubber. You tires shouldn't be over-inflated because that decreases the grip, while under-inflated tires will not all the treat to properly direct water out of your path.
5. Pump your brakes on occasion to create heat and burn off the excess water. After you go through puddles, the water on your brakes
Remember to keep your distance between you and the vehicle in front of you. Enjoy the stormy weather and we hope you have a safe Spring.